Thursday, July 14, 2011

Deafness

I feel like I am losing my hearing. I still don't know how I feel about wearing my hearing aid still. A hearing aid provider and maker the other day told me that it is also expensive to not have a hearing aid (socially and financally). I'm wondering how can being without a hearing aid be expensive. I mean I can understand that it could be frustrating for someone that does not know how to communicate with me, but I don't understand how it would be expensive from my point of view. This is the way I look at it; since I got help with the hearing aid that didn't cost anything, to get it repaired in the future (if I don't have help), earmold made, batteries, and gas to get it fixed or whatever. Those can add up to be pretty expensive. However going without a hearing aid; no batteries to buy, no gas to take it to get repaired, no repair costs, and no new molds. How would that cost more financially? Will I get shot like some boys did because a lady thought they were using gang signs (I sign even with my hearing aid, that wouldn't help much)? I'm trying to look at the pros and cons of keeping it or not. I also don't understand why someone who is supposed to be working with me has not emailed me back to let me know I can get my hearing checked. I honestly don't see how I can work with my hearing and my leg pain (together) without a boss not having a problem with me. I wish that I could find a job for 90 days even just a trial 90 days as long as they'd keep me until after that I could close my case without any trouble. But if I closed my case now without working if I needed them again they may not help me. Why do I feel like it's my fault that I have trouble doing things. If it isn't my ears causing a problem for people it's my leg. What am I supposed to do? The social security office is just as bad trying to make those with problems accomodate them and them not accomadating us. That's B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment