Friday, July 8, 2011

Deaf or Hearing

I'm trying to decide to wear hearing aid or be deaf. I don't want to choose a path that my husband and I will regret. I don't want to hurt him or make him feel like his input isn't important. But at the same time I can tell that people do not believe that I am deaf. Which makes it hard on me. I'm so used to using my voice that going to just sign is going to be a challenge for even myself. With my hearing aid I can function most of the time without being sleepy, but since I am no longer used to being without a hearing aid except at bed time I get really tired very quickly, but if I stay active I'm fine. I would like to know your opinions. My new family (my husband's family) are more than willing to learn sign to communicate with me, however I don't know about my own family. I also don't want to hurt my husband and I don't know how to bring it up in conversation. I've asked him through texting and he hasn't responded, but I also know that I need to be direct and talk to him I just don't want him to tell me it's okay when it's not. I love him and would move Heaven and Earth for him if I could.

1 comment:

  1. Suggestion: tell him to read this and then talk about it, or you could just bluntly ask him what his opinion is. Remember to explain to him your feelings and not just say "I want to be deaf all the time." But, the good thing is that if you want to be deaf you can, but if there is some reason you want to wear your hearing aid and hear, you can.

    ReplyDelete